Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Verdict is In (I think)

So I have received some really good feedback from many of you and I want to thank you for all the encouraging words and advice. Now I have a better view on where God is leading me with this new-fangled electronic media.

I am still going to post everyday that I can.................but, 3-4 out of the seven days are going to be all about the Word and where we can go as Christians with our faith. The other 3-4 days are going to be about finding out about our world, our society, what makes it tick, and how we can dive into it and start making a change for Christ. I am going to go at this from all angles and from all sides in order to make it what our "great" politicians like to call "comprehensive."

Why do I feel led down this path? For one, I am interested in our world and what makes people in society think the way they do. Second, the more we understand the world Christ has made us a part of, the more effective we can be in reaching out to those in need of Him. I am going to throw a lot out there and see what happens. But, this will all be based upon Christ's teachings and the great book of Scripture.

My goal for this blog, however small it may be, is to inspire, encourage, praise, edify, enlighten, make us think, plant the seed, and overall, honor God in the work he has laid out for us. You will see all sides of a life devoted to Christ, yet struggling to be that, and hopefully look deep within yourselves as we journey together with Christ. I am no expert, philosopher, or writer. I am not specially gifted. I am just a thinker.

I encourage you to use this as a tool for those you interact with who may not know Him. Send this to them and pray that a spark will ignite the fire (I know I will be praying for it). I do not want fans, I just want all of us to reach out to everyone we can for Christ. So let's plant the seeds of Truth and let God rain down and grow them. This is going to be fun and hopefully fulfilling.

Thinking out loud,
Jesus Freak Out!

No comments: