Saturday, September 20, 2008

Venture Non-Capital

Well today was a test for me and Christ gave me His grade: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!. I spent 4 hours in an airplane with one of my students and still failed miserably trying to talk with him about Jesus Christ. I tried, but I know that I did not try hard enough. Do you know why? Because I did not rely upon God enough to take care of my words. I prayed and I worked past some of my own stubborness, but I still failed in God's eyes. You know what though, I improved. It wasn't good enough for God, that I know, but it was an improvement, and I know that as long as I keep trying and working towards the goal of sacrficing myself for Him, then I have a shot at making a difference for Christ.

We are going to fail. We are going to deny Him just as Peter did without even thinking twice. But these failures should make us even more determined to make things right with Christ and do the hardest thing of all: talking about Him to those who do not know Him. And just because we are going to fail, does not mean that we should put our heads in the sand and give up. I plead with you all, and with myself, to keep pushing hard for Christ. It is our most important goal, above no other, in this life.

I will share more and more of my failures with you so that you can learn from me. Yet, I learn best from other people. I beg that you all will share your stories of success and failure with me and the rest of the subscribers, in order that we may learn and grow. We can rely upon one another and pray for one another as we journey for Christ.

My heart is with you all,
Jesus Freak Out!

No comments: