Friday, September 19, 2008

Digging Deeper

I have random thoughts all the time about crazy things. So here is one of them. Have you ever tried to think about what it would be like to drill to the center of the earth? What is it really like? Is it hot like scientists say it is, or for that matter, is it hotter than hell? Now, what about drilling to the deepest depths of our souls? What is that like? If we can do this, we will see where our heart lies and if we are really following God's will.

But what does God say about His will for us? If we look in the book of the weeping prophet Jeremiah, we will see exactly what He has in store for us if we just see it through His eyes. Too many times, we look at chapter 27, verse 11 from a selfish and arrogant standpoint. "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Many times we only see the first part, "plans to prosper you and not harm you," and not the last part, "plans to give you a hope and a future." His plans do not involve this earth as much as they involve eternity. His plans and His will, involve way more than we could ever fathom.

To see His will, we must look way beyond ourselves and through a different set of eyes. He will always take care of us in the things of life, if we only take care of Him in the things of eternity: in other words, getting off our high Christian horses and getting to the dirty work of bringing people into relationship with Him. There is no higher will from God than this. All other things are trivial.

I hope that this makes you think about God's will in a new way. Just by writing this post, I have searched within my soul and seen an ugly side to it. My heart has been changed and I must change the way I see what God's will is. My prayer life will change. My outlook on life will change. I will hopefully change to ensure that I am following God's "plans to give [non-believers] a hope and a future" with Him.

Pushing myself off my own high horse,
Jesus Freak Out!

No comments: