Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tough Day

"Momma always said there would be days like this." Well one of those days happened to me today (Thursday). I am sorry that I am not going to make a post today but I am slap worn out. As you all know, I am a flight instructor. As such, the toughest thing to do is let a private pilot student go solo without you there in the airplane to take control if something bad is happening. What's even more un-nerving, is letting that person fly away to another airport and land, and then take off and come back: the solo cross country flight.

Well, today, I ask that you pray for my student: we will call the student T. T had an accident today on a solo cross country flight. T is fine and walked away from it, but I don't know that T is going to come back to flying. The emotional damage is done. T is one of my favorite students and a hard worker when it comes to flying. I'm not sure that T could have done anything more. She did all she was taught and yesterday's post bodes well in this situation too. Things happen and machines break.

Here is your tidbit for today: I surrendered to God like I try to in most situations like this. What I mean is, when I got the call that something had happened, my first thought was for T's safety, my second thought was selfish (basically making sure my bases were covered), and third thought (which should have been second after T's safety) was that God had total control over this situation. Integrity, honesty and submission to God were all tested for me today. But this solidified an already known belief in Christ: He is in control. The more we try to control our own situation, the more we make the situation worse. As Thousand Foot Krutch says in one of their songs, "It falls apart, from the very start, when I walk away from You."

Please pray for T,
Jesus Freak Out!

No comments: