Monday, August 18, 2008

Did you know Christ is a Body Builder?

Here was the first Thought:

I thought I might just start something here. This will begin the Jesus Freak Thought of the Day and will serve a couple of purposes:
1) Get me digging deeper into the Bible each day using all of you to help keep accountable
2) Give each of us a little food for thought as we jump into the "trenches" at CATB and start walking with God more and more
3) I like the word Jesus Freak because that is what each of us is/are/am (I think I lived in Alabama too long)
4) Get us talking about God and Jesus in a way that we might never have thought about
5) And lastly, just to keep us talking with one another on a daily basis as we journey through life like the disciples did with Jesus during his ministry, planting the seed of Truth

So here we go with installment #1:
Philippians 4:13 (ESV) says: "I can do all things through him who gives me strength." (My friend Ed's favorite passage)
First thing that I always ask myself when I think of this passage is, Am I really using God for my strength or am I going on my own strength? I cannot honestly say that I am always relying on God for my strength. Too many times do we as men think that we can move mountains and what we are really moving are grains of sand? By getting in the trenches here at CATB, we are using God's strength to break out of our comfort zones. I know that I have to look to God each and everytime I talk with someone new at church or else I would never break out of my shell. But I still need to break out even more, even when I am not at church. Try this on for size: Next time you go to a store, determine yourself to just say something simple to that cashier about Jesus. You will see how hard it can be to take your strength from God. Our pride will prevail if we are not careful.

You guys are awesome. Have a great evening and please pray for those who do not yet know Christ in our community. Tomorrow will be great as CATB moves forward in its work to bring people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.

Please let me know your thoughts on this and if you want me to continue.

Jesus Freak Out!

No comments: