Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sunday Posts

Since God rested on the 7th day, I will as well. I also told the lead pastor at my church that I did not want to make him feel bad for having an inferior message. Yah right. I couldn't come close to delivering a divinely inspired message anywhere in the same ball park as this man, or for that matter, any other pastor I have been associated with. I just wanted to get him going. He took it well.

Anyway, on Sundays, instead of a message, I am going to start a list. Each list will last 10 weeks and have a theme that is based upon pulling from the secular (I hate that word for the fact that it separates us from those who are no different except for their spiritual relationship). I feel that reaching into this realm will help us as Christ followers see that there is the fingerprint of God all over this world, even though it may not be overtly Christian.

So begins the first list.

When Non-Christian Musicians Unintentionally Reference Christ
(context aside, just go with me on this one).
10) From Linkin Park's Minutes to Midnight album
Song: What I've Done
Lyric: so let mercy come, and wash away, what I've done.
A little different, but if you have other ideas for lists, please let me know. They may very well pop up in the next few weeks. If you have things you would like to see added to this list, let me know as well. I'm all ears for ideas for posts and lists. Thanks for the support in this endeavor and I am praying for you all.
Still perching on the end of that limb,
Jesus Freak Out!

No comments: