Saturday, August 30, 2008

Silence is NOT Golden (Part I)

I used to fight with my brother and sister like it was going out of style. Boy did we have some good ones. We would yell at each other a lot, but our favorite phrase was "Shut UP!" That got mom and dad hotter than the surface of the sun. But in our journey called life, Christ does not want us to shut up. He doesn't want us to stop talking. He wants us to talk to everyone we can until we are blue in the face.

In Acts chapter 18, Paul went to Corinth from Athens to begin ministering to the church their. One night while he was sleeping, God came to him in a vision and said (NIV),"(9).... Do not be afraid, keep on speaking, do not be silent. (10) For I am with you and no one is going to attack or harm you, because I have many people in this city."

Think about this until next time: When has Christ come to me and said, "Do not be silent"? Think of all the times we were silent and could have made the difference. Monday, I have a story about not being silent.

Stay tuned,
Jesus Freak Out!

No comments: