Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"The only thing we have to fear is........."

.........the unknown right? Sorry Jack (or should I say Jeremiah).Whoever says they don't, or never have, feared the unknown is lying. I tend to take things to the extreme and what pains me is that this pains Christ. I know that He looks down on me and shakes his head asking why. This has been the hardest thing for me to do. Let go of my fears, let go of my stress, and tell myself that God has the helm, I'm just a deckhand (sorry, Deadliest Catch is one of my favorite shows).

This last week has been a test of my will and a test of my ability to hand the unknown over to the only one who can chart my course for me. I have been successful (I think) on some days, but failed miserably on others. I have new job that is truly a Godsend. And, tomorrow is the true test of my will to allow God to have the controls. Tomorrow, our second son will come into this world. So what is going through my mind right now? Well, how can I be a good father to a second son when I feel like I have failed the first? It's easy Jeremiah: give it to God. Get over yourself and your dillusion of control. My dillusion has lead to fear. And my fear has driven me for too long.

If we look back in the Book of Exodus, when Moses and the Israelites saw Pharoah and the Egyptians bearing down on them in the desert, Moses had confidence in God's control of the situation. The Israelites did not. They feared what they did not know and that drove them to doubt and fear.

"(14:11)......What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt? (12) Didn't we say to you in Egypt, 'Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians?' It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!"

So where are you fearing the unknown and not trusting God? I'm gonna try something new, fearlessness. I'll let you know how it goes.

".....fear itself,"
Jesus Freak Out!

No comments: