Monday, June 15, 2009

Peace of Mind

I was sitting on my couch today watching God's beautiful gift of my son, Nathaniel (better known as Nater Tater) sleep in my arms. It has been 4 years since my wife and I had a child this small and precious. I had forgotten what it was like to see and have peace in my life. During that instant today, I was at peace watching my newborn son sleep, at peace. I had to call my 4-year old over and just hold the both of them. I looked at Ethan, hugged him and just told him I loved him. I found peace today.

I started looking through all of Paul's letters this evening and found that except for three of them, he greeted his recipients with something close to this from Romans 1:7: "Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ." Paul always wished for Christ's peace upon those he love and ministered. No matter the audience or the reason for his writing the letter, Paul always prayed for and wanted the best for people. That's exactly what Christ wants for us........His grace and peace.

We must seek His grace and we must lead others into that grace. Granted, we can't give that to them, but we can show them that grace through our actions. We can be that example for what it is to be in relationship with Christ, to be in His grace, to have His peace. Peace comes through Christ. Peace comes when we let ourselves go and we look toward Him.

I saw the peace of Christ today and I want more. But it's up to me to allow that peace into my life. What does that look like? What situations do we need to walk away from that are causing turmoil in our lives? What things in life are we holding onto that God is asking us to give to Him or let go of?

Peace of mind. It's the new "life" meat.

Ordering a peace of mind,
Jesus Freak Out!

No comments: