Tuesday, June 30, 2009

This is going to hurt

I have been reading this book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. A friend of mine's wife, along with one of our bassists and his wife, recommended the book (thank you April, Ashley and Justin). Reading the chapter that is titled the same as the book, I have come across some seriously "in your face" comments that are making me rethink my relationship with God and others. I just want to hit you with a couple of quotes from it, and my short commentary.

In this chapter, Chan talks about our warped sense of love for God. How twisted most of us have it. Here is what rocked me to the core:

"Jesus doesn't have to love us." (I'm sorry, did I read that right?)

"God treasures us." (I retract my previous question and will take my foot with ketchup please.)

"The irony is that while God doesn't need us but still wants us, we desperately need God but don't really want Him most of the time." (If anyone says this is not true for them, they are lying!)

"God doesn't force us to love Him: it's our choice." (My choices are not always the greatest, are yours?)

"Are we in love with God or just His stuff?" (Steel-toed boot right in the junk!)

Think about it.

Seriously addressing my love for God and holding my stomach,
Jesus Freak Out!

1 comment:

blaine said...

good takeaways bro. that book is on my list