Thursday, January 8, 2009

A New Perspective

Monday I met with a friend of mine from church who is just about to finish up his degree at Trinity University. Well, through him, God has really rocked me to the core once again and showed me just how humble I need to be. That night, he showed me a new way to read the Bible that takes an intense look into the living Word of God. And I do mean LIVING!

I found meaning in verses I never thought was there. And when I read them again, I found new meaning that is totally different from the other night. You see, it changes. Not the context just the viewer. Every word of the Bible tells us something greater about our awesome and mighty God. It's not a book that sits on a shelf and we pick up every once in awhile when times are tough. It's not a book with some great stories about God's power and the history of the world. It's a book, inspired by the Holy Creator and written through the hands of men to show us the way to Him.

My friend David (what an awesome and strong name by the way) challenged me last night to read Luke 10:1-15 again like we had the other night. I barely got through v.7 before my head was spinning and God was gently saying, "See?" (Plus, my hand was wore out from writing down the thoughts on 3 AND A HALF PAGES!!!!) My perspective has changed and the Bible is no longer just the inspired Word of God. It is the divine, holy, insurmountable, awesome, profound, living and BREATHING Word of God. This book has life that I can only describe as powerful if we read past the words on the page and seek the meaning in our lives for what HE is saying.

Like a man waking up,
Jesus Freak Out!

No comments: