Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Kneel to Down to Stand Up

"Get down on your knees before the Master; it's the only way you'll get on your feet." James 4:10 MSG

Ever wonder this: "Why do we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?"  The words seem out of place in context with one another.  But in their intended use, everything works out. 

This passage from James is the same.  So that we can stand on our feet as Christ followers, we have to get on our knees and pray.  That means spending time with God, which is exactly what He wants.  Spending time with someone implies getting into relationship with them. You cannot talk to anyone without having some sort of relationship, whether good or bad.  In short, all God wants is our attention (prayer) and to be in relationship with him (be authentic).

It's a lesson I learn all the time and must remind myself of: my God wants my attention and authenticity.  Being human means I won't always get it right, but I must re-align my priorities and remind myself of what's most important. 

Freak

No comments: