Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Due Diligence

"The hand of the diligent will rule, but the lazy man will be put to forced labor." (Prov. 12:24 NKJV)

Lately I have been in a rut with some aspects of my life. My career path is in jeopardy with the economy and the blossoming of a new family. A family has an impact on my career path? Yes, I have to ask myself what's more important, a wife and 2 beautiful children, a or cool career flying cool airplanes. I am stepping out of that "comfort zone" introducing the Truth of Jesus Christ to people, but when I pray, my mind tends to wander. I am having trouble focusing on the goals and being diligent about taking action on them.

Forever I have been a procrastinator extraordinaire. I don't get diligent until it's 2 minutes to midnight or the work really peaks my interest. I work best under stress, but this life with Christ is not a sprint, it's a marathon. It requires patience, not sloth. It requires action, not reaction. It especially requires hard work, time, and a selacious appetite to do what it takes for Jesus Christ. It's time we (I), change our habits and attitudes and push for Christ in all that we do, whether it's talking with people about God's greatest gift to mankind in His son Jesus Christ, or turning off the TV and getting done the honey do list that has been growing since eternity.

Hooking up the 12 volt for a jump start,
Jesus Freak Out!

No comments: