Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Pain and Agony


First, I would like to dedicate today's blog to my wonderful, beautiful, loving, and kind-hearted mother who is enduring a barrage of tests at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. I ask for your prayers, both for her and for the doctors who are working with her. She has an undiagnosed neurological condition that the doctors have been trying to figure out for a few years now. We are hoping on some answers and not looking for an ounce of sympathy.

Why do I tell you this? Because for one, this woman had to endure the agony of my child birth, and what's worse, she had to endure the agony of my childhood (and I was a hellion!). But what else is special about this woman, is the fact that she is one of the strongest individuals, both physically and mentally, that I know. Her strength does not come from within herself. She is not proud or self-righteous or conceited. Mom's strength comes from her relationship with Jesus Christ.

For a long time, with her condition and other personal issues, she shook her fist at God and asked why this had to happen to her. Until one day, she realized that God was her strength and not her enemy. She realized that when Jesus was bloodied and bruised, in pain and agony on the cross, becoming sin for the forgiveness of the entire human race, He was enduring more pain and agony than she could ever possibly imagine. And that whatever pain there was in her life, in her world, if he could do that for her, she could endure this for Him and trust in the strength of a relationship with Him.

Marilyn McBride is not a martyr or a saint. She is just like all of us. My mother is special to me as she is to many other people. But she is also special to Christ. God has a soft spot in his heart for every single person, whether they know Him or not. But, those who trust and know Him will occupy another type of spot in heaven. This is our goal, to assist our God in filling up heaven and abandoning hell. We must strive for this above all other noble causes in the world.

Mom, with all my love in the world,
Jesus Freak Out!

No comments: