Sunday, December 28, 2008

Time to Prepare

After a longer than expected hiatus from writing, I am now throwing myself back into it full force again. The holidays have been good and bad for me, but all in all, God has taught and still is teaching me some valuable lessons about how to live my life for Him and not myself. Most of all, I was hit in the face today at church. My life has no real plan right now. My plan is haphazard at best and I am still trying to find myself professionally, spiritually, and relationally. Over the next few posts, I am going to try and find my own purpose while working to help all of us find ours.

First and foremost, we must have a spiritual plan in our lives in order to keep our souls focused on the real purpose for our lives: living for Christ in all that we do. "...whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1Cor 10:31). This is way too broad to be a milestone, but it must be the driving force behind all that we plan and do. With this in mind, here are the spiritual milestones that I am setting for myself:

1) Open the door to a relationship with one new person a week inside or outside of church. That makes 52 people during the coming year that could potentially start a new relationship with Christ. Sweet! It's lofty but do-able.

2) Dedicate time each day with Christ. Read, study, and pray. It's that simple.

3) Hold true to a devotional with my wife and son once week. Family time is almost as important as time with God. It's time to move this to a higher priority level.

4) Keep this blog going for another year with posts at least three times a week, and six when possible. It's another lofty goal that other bloggers have told me is difficult......and it is. But, I know that through dedication and sacrifice, it can be done.

These are just my milestones written out for you all to see. Some I will meet, others I will fall short on, but I am going to try my best, doing all for His glory. I challenge each of you to do the same. Set your priorities in the right Light, and nothing is impossible.

Spring cleaning a few months early,
Jesus Freak Out!

No comments: