Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Meaning of It All

I am posting for the first time in awhile. Life has been crazy with a move and Christmas and throughout all of this, I have finally found, on the eve of Christmas, why we do as we do: God and family. Something happened tonight that put me into a mood that I will not soon forget. My brother did not attend our family gathering for the first time in a while and I was upset. I wanted to give to him something he has not had in a long time: peace and solitude from all the commotion of life. He is a hard working, family loving man who has one of, if not, the toughest jobs on the planet: law enforcement. Of course I reacted in a way that was wrong and unjustified and I have sought his forgiveness. But that is the meaning of it all. That is the reason for this day each year.

"For God so loved the world, that he sent his only son, that whosoever should believe in Him will not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). Our pastor used this same verse at church this evening, but I felt as though it needed repeating here. God sent His Son for our forgiveness. To think that I could not sacrifice my own pride for my brother, is downright criminal (no pun intended). And to think that God's sacrifice was not enough for the one I had to make tonight. I sought my brother's forgiveness after a long conversation and some tears. I try to love him without condition, for I am merely human, but will always love him, come what may. And so God loves us. He will not abandon us or forsake us. And he sent His Son into the world on this Christmas day as the sacrifice for us. And for me to be so bold...........God forgive me.

Please enjoy this time with family as there are many in the world tonight who cannot spend it with theirs. Family and God: often times, they are the only things that we have to solely rely upon. I did not mean for this to be downtrodden. Christmas is a time of joy and celebration. Celebration with family and joy in their presence. Joy in our lives knowing that our Savior was born on this day and celebration in His reason for coming to this earth. Thank you Father for your sacrifice. Thank you Jesus for your life!

Merry Christmas,
Jesus Freak Out!

No comments: