Thursday, May 14, 2009

What do you want me to do?

God's will. At some point in our lives, we have all asked God the question, what is your wil for me? Well, maybe more than one point in our lives. At least I know I have asked that question way more than once. But what is God's will for each of our lives? What do we ask of Him? We don't have to read any further than 1 John 5:14:

"And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us." (ESV)

The key point here is "according to his will." Again I ask, what is His will? For one thing, obedience (I'm preaching to myself here as well). One of the hardest things to do is put ourselves aside and listen to what it is that God wants us to do, whether that's picking up shop and moving to another state, or simply talking to the nice lady in line in front of us. Another thing is having faith. That can be difficult during the hard times we face in life. Lastly, belief in Christ as our Savior. To me, it's that simple.

Simplifying my faith,
Jesus Freak Out!

No comments: