Friday, April 10, 2009

Celebration Meal

So our church just finished the Daniel Fast after 21 days. I was on the mostly raw/cooked veggie diet for the whole time, with a couple of days mixed in where I ate within the guidelines of our churches commitment (no meat, no sweets, and no dairy). So last night at midnight, myself and two other gentlemen from our men's group went out to Village Inn for the best meal of the day, breakfast.

Oh what a treat to douse my palate with sweet tea first. Then came the ham and cheese omlette (loaded with extra cheese, could have used a little more ham) and the scattered hash browns topped with a little ketchup and some Tabasco sauce to spice things up a bit. I finished that course of my meal off with three buttermilk pancakes (they were nothing compared to IHOP's though). Then it hit me. I was sitting there and the dessert menu began calling to me. I couldn't resist. Village Inn makes some of the best pies around so I had to order up a slice of French Silk. Lord, I am putting in my request right now. I hope the chef in heaven knows how to make French Silk pie because that will be all that I will eat when I get there!

Hallelujah what a meal. The fast was an awesome experience and something that I will duplicate in the future. Praise our awesome and wonderous Creator for what He is going to do this weekend in churches all around the country. May this be the year that Christ comes home to America and resides in our hearts. My prayer is for all those who do not know Christ, that when they attend church this weekend, and there will be many, that they will answer the knock at the door to their hearts.

Praying for the souls of America and the World,
Jesus Freak Out!

No comments: