Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Just Want to Talk..........

It's been a little while since I last posted. Life is not a good excuse so I will not try and make on up. God should be foremost and He is the reason I started this whole blog. So I must rededicate my efforts to keep this going as strong as it ever was before, if not stronger. So now, I just want to talk for a minute about action.

What is the definition of the word action? It can mean one thing to me, yet another to someone else. It all comes down to context. When it comes to Christ, action is way more than most of us can fathom. It's a change of attitude and a change of heart for doing as Christ has instructed and as He has moved us to. Lately, I have tried to explain away my IN-action as life getting in the way. It's been more like me getting in the way. Don't get me wrong, life can drain us of our drive to take action for anything, let alone Christ. But Christ should be the whole reason that we take action in all that we do.

Look at all the examples we have in Scripture for those who decided not to let life take away their ability to act for Christ: Peter, Paul, Moses, David, and I could go on and on. We must look at their example and model our lives after their strong will and love for the God.

As I go about the next 15 days in fasting and prayer, looking forward to celebrating the awesome day when we remember the priceless gift Jesus gave to us on the cross, I am going to work harder than ever and kick myself into action.

Jump starting myself,
Jesus Freak Out!

No comments: