Friday, February 10, 2012

Beg for Forgiveness

Dear Ben,

I am writing this letter because God has laid it on my heart to beg your forgiveness. It's been a long time since we have even really talked. We were friends in high school, but have lost touch since your gave me the letter. I really don't remember what you wrote in the letter. What I do remember is my reaction........and it was wrong. I was young and stupid and you never deserved the cold shoulder I gave you.

Many years later, I have seen your success, I have secretly been pulling for your success in life, I have watched your success unfold on public TV, and now I want you to know that I love you as a friend and wish you the most in life.

You never deserved the way I treated you. You never deserved the shame I might have put you through. You never deserved what other people may have done to you in your life. What you do deserve is my respect and admiration for the awesome person you are. You deserve to know that my faith in Christ means I do not turn my back on anyone, despite the fact I may not agree with your decisions in life or the lifestyle you choose. I now ask myself how I can judge someone else's sins without judging my own first?

Ben, you are a special person, created by God and living the path you have chosen. It was not my place to turn my back. It was my place to be there for you through the tough times. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me Ben. I pray for you everyday and now I pray you will forgive me for the actions of a young and stupid kid.

I wish you all the best in life and will be looking for you in the spotlight again, praying for your success and hoping you will come to know the true love of God that i know, and not the distorted one of the media and the bigots.

Once your friend and begging for your forgiveness,
Jeremiah (aka Freak)

No comments: