Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Where's My EASY Button?

"Therefore, be imitators of God.........."  -Ephesians 5:1

Where is my EASY button on this one?  I need my EASY button please.  I need that crutch that allows God to swoop in and make this one a piece of cake.

I have one thing to say to God:  "Being an imitator of you is impossible.  I can't do it."  You know what He said back?  "I know it is impossible............for you."    

God is not asking us to imitate Him.  He is asking us to have a relationship with Him, and only then will we become imitators of Him.  Because when we are connected with him, He shows through us.  Kind of a convaluted way of saying, "Just connect with Him and watch what happens to your life, your outlook, your reactions, your joy in life, your service to others, your attitude, etc., etc., etc." Give it all over to him.

Only through God's hand can we imitate Him.  We will have to work at it at first, but what we are really working to shut down our temptations, fear, loathing, self pity, doubt, addiction, etc.  When we learn to shut those things down in our lives and ultimately concentrate on God, only then does imitation become second nature because we are so close to Christ, it's like we are Him.

Follow?  Now go find your EASY button and throw it out the window.  It ain't gonna help!

Freak

No comments: